Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other I created a tool for to help get CSS closer to designs

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    swalden
    Participant

Hi guys,

I recently submitted a new tool (PixelTool) to the chrome extension store. Recently whilst working closely with front-end developers, I have been looking for ways to improve how close their work is to the designs I give them. A solution I thought of was to overlay the designs straight onto their HTML. I searched for a tool and found a few. The problem was they got in the way of the interface, and injected controls directly onto the webpage. I decided the best place for this kind of tool was to sit within devtools itself, and only inject the image overlay onto the HTML.

The tool allows a developer to overlay a visual design on to HTML and in real time adjust the opacity and positioning of the image, whilst keeping out of the way in devtools.

I have open sourced the tool on Github, feel free to contribute: https://github.com/Swalden/PixelTool

Let me know what you guys think, and if I can improve it at all.

karan
    Participant

Few errors when I refresh overlay gone, changing overlay again doesn’t change.
    Idea is good..looking forward for update.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.