Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS I Can't get rid of these Images!!!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    SamuelNeudeck22
    Participant

**Hola Folks,**

I’ve got a problem with a navigation header on a developing site. [Problem Site](http://lw1.paypromedia.com/~wccconne/ “”)

Okay, so the top menu is dropped down below the header image. not concerned about this I know how to line it up. What I do need help with is **eliminating the background on the navigation** links so that when I move the nav into the header, the current image shows through. I can’t find where the images are coming from. There are two horizontal lines that make it obvious something is wrong.** any suggestion?**

p.s. I have tried background-image: display: none;

Paulie_D

Is it really necessary to use a table there?

However, basically the div containing your menu (#shailand-dropdown-wrapper-2) [I think ]is transparent and so the background image is showing through.

Just put a background on that or on the ul with an #id of #menu-header.

There are a lot of ways to do it depending on what exactly you are trying to do.

SamuelNeudeck22
    Participant

No it is not necessary to use tables. My job is to convert existing sites to wordpress so I run into a lot of tables in places I don’t necessarily want them but I try to make them work to save time. I will try your suggestions. thanks

SamuelNeudeck22
    Participant

I found a solution! I had a background image in a different file that was being called. commented that out and it worked perfect

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.