Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other HTML/CSS/JavaScript Certification

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    noahgelman
    Participant

I’ve been learning HTML, CSS and JavaScript for a while now– front end stuff. I want to have an official education in it as it looks better to potential employers but do to my freelancing I travel around Southern California quite a bit and I don’t have the time to go to a school for a year or or two or more to get my certificate or full degree. So I’ve decided to get my certificate online as it works with my busy travel schedule. W3Schools has certificates you can test for here http://www.w3schools.com/cert/default.asp

My question is, is this a good place to get one? Or are there better or more well known places to get one?

TheDoc

To be honest with you, I don’t think certification is necessary at all. Of the three developers in our office, none of us have any type of certification, but we still managed to land jobs.

I’ve said it once and I’ll say it again, your portfolio should always speak for you.

I know that doesn’t answer your question, but I thought you might like to hear an opinion as well.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.