Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Back End .htaccess issue

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    EricM

I’m upgrading to WordPress 3.1 and checking out the Multisite option. I altered the wp-config file but I couldn’t find the .htaccess file. I checked my server’s (yahoo) help menu and they said they don’t allow .htaccess files for some reason, instead re-directing me to their own custom error and password pages or some-such. Is this going to cause me a problem or should I use a new hosting service? Also, how hard will it be to move these sites to a client’s domain when they’re ready?

EricM

Well, I tried to fix the .htaccess problem myself, broke the site, had to upload it again, but I don’t know how to get the multisite thing going and am afraid to try. Also my host automatically puts /blog/ in the url between my domain and page title, which really is annoying. I think it’s time to find better web host.

And yes, I did mean I’m moving to their server as well. I haven’t looked into it yet, will wait until I change hosts. I’m not confident my current host wouldn’t screw that up, too.

EricM

thank, yeah, at this point I’m only copying a light weight WP site over, so I should switch now to a host I can live with.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Back End’ is closed to new topics and replies.