Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other .htaccess file and adaptive-images.php

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    drotar
    Participant

i am trying to create the proper .htaccess file to accommodate the adaptive-images.php for my website http://www.terac.us

i am very unsure of how to go about creating an .htaccess file to begin with and then accommodating it to the adaptive-images.php

any insight on how to approach doing this would be greatly appreciated. thank you in advance for taking the time.

Shikkediel
    Participant

Doesn’t look like you have to do a whole lot. Only if you want to exclude directories, the htaccess file would be adapted :

Add .htaccess and adaptive-images.php to your document-root folder.

GitHub link to file

Just make sure there isn’t already one in place…

drotar
    Participant

what i am finding is that this is causing the background images not to load. it works pretty well without it so i am going to forgo this. thank you for your input all the same.

Shikkediel
    Participant

I’d go with srcset to do something like this but I think for the background-image issue to be solved these images would have to be in a separate directory and the htaccess file and php would go where the ‘regular’ images are (instead of in the root). Or another option could be to exclude the background-image folder…

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.