Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS [Solved] position button on one page to position of button on another pa

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    jus2sho
    Participant

I currently have an “Add to Cart” button on a page that is not centered. If I go into the css to change the position for the button, then it effects the position of another button on another page. How do I go about unlinking this? Sorry for the extremely noob question. I’m kind of learning on the fly here.

Paulie_D

Without seeing it we can’t comment.

A link would be useful.

jus2sho
    Participant

Sorry for the delay guys. Thanks for responding. Below are two links to show you what I’m referring to. Link 1 shows how the “Add to Cart” and “Product Details” buttons are not centered. Link 2 shows the “Add to Cart” button centered. The position for these two buttons are related somehow. If one is centered, then the other is offset. Me being the noob that I am, I kind of need step-by-step instructions as to how this can be fixed. Thanks for any help. Let me know if more info is required.

1. http://bit.ly/1s34qpF

2. http://bit.ly/UVsc8m

jus2sho
    Participant

Soronbe,

So what I did was centered the “Add to Cart” button on Page 2 by adjusting the “padding-left” for <div class="rox_addtocart-bar"> in the file vmart.css.

By doing this, the position for the button ended up changing on Page 1 and no longer centered on Page 1.

jus2sho
    Participant

Atelierbram,

The problem is that this was a purchased template and I’ve started to modify it slightly to accommodate the products. For now, the layout of a few specific items have been my only issues that I’m trying to tackle at the moment. However, thanks for your input and suggestions!

jus2sho
    Participant

Thanks for all the suggestions. @nkrisc, I’m going to give your method a shot. I’ve been doing alot of reading and trying to figure this all out. As said early, I’m not the creator of the template that I’m using, so the originator must be a novice as well. I’m very new to all of this and have an understanding that sort of gets me by. However, I’m willing to give it a shot. I just need to modify the css enough to get me moving along again.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.