Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Design How to replace video with image when max-device-width is 940px?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    borianparker
    Participant

I’m still very much new at HTML and CSS, so sorry if my question isn’t as sharp as it should be, but bear with me:

I currently have a video looping at the top of my web page, with a poster added. I want to make it so that the image I have set as a poster can be used as a replacement for the video when users are on a device with a maximum width of 940px. How do I do this? This is where my code is at so far:

HTML:

CSS:

video {

height: auto;

width: 100%;

}

@media only screen

and (max-device-width: 940px) {

.videos {

display: none;

}

#image {

display: inline;

}

}

@media only screen

and (min-device-width: 940px) {

.videos {

display: inline;

}

#image {

display: none;

}

}

What is wrong here? Now when I open the page, the video starts playing regardless of screen width.

borianparker
    Participant

’m still very much new at HTML and CSS, so sorry if my question isn’t as sharp as it should be, but bear with me:Nox Showbox Mobdro

I currently have a video looping at the top of my web page, with a poster added. I want to make it so that the image I have set as a poster can be used as a replacement for the video when users are on a device with a maximum width of 940px. How do I do this? This is where my code is at so far:
    |_________
    no updates!!!

Shikkediel
    Participant

Maybe you could show us a live example, preferably a Codepen. I can’t see anything from the CSS that would be incorrect.

I have this website i.e techboxs.org where i would like to add some video in html.However, i am not able to get it right after lot of attempt can anyone help me here. I have been using wordpress html editor for the job

Paulie_D

@abhi989

If you have a separate question, please ask it separately.

BUT you would need to make a Codepen.io demo that we can properly interact with and adapt. A weblink of the existing page is of little use since the options available using Developer tools aren’t really up to the job.

angelicalara
    Participant

does this works with wordpress? my site is https://noxdownload.com

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘How to replace video with image when max-device-width is 940px?’ is closed to new replies.