Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS How to make email stay on one line?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    knowledgenotebook
    Participant

Hi,

I have an email that is 31 characters long, it’s inside a TD. And then, the HTML content is exported as a Word doc, the last letter of the email was cut off, that is, it wraps to next line.

My first attempt was to use the NOWRAP attribute for the TD but to no avail.

My second attempt was some CSS code like the following:

#sameline {width: 80px;
    overflow: hidden;
    white-space: nowrap;};

In one instance, it worked but in another it didn’t. What gives?

Thanks.

knowledgenotebook
    Participant

Here’s the code, also, the intended output would be Word doc, that is, the HTML output would be dynamically turned into a Word doc, and the problem of email wrapping to next line occurs in the outputted Word doc.

<style type="css/text"> body {font:8.7px Arial, Helvetia, sans-serif,Times New Roman; page-break-inside:avoid;}; table,th,td {font-size:8.5px; border:1px solid black;}; tr {line-height: 14px;}; #sameline {width: 80px; overflow: hidden; white-space: nowrap;}; // page-break-inside:avoid; </style> <table> <tr> <td colspan=2> <table border=0 valign=top> <tr><td>toName</td></tr> <tr><td>toAddress1 </td></tr> <tr><td>toAddress2</td></tr> <tr><td>toPhone</td></tr> </table> </td> <TD width="2%"></TD> <td colspan=2> <table border=0 valign=top> <tr><td>XYZ Bla Bla Bla Services </td></tr> <tr><td>P.O.Box 123 </td></tr> <tr><td>Mytown, Maryland 21218 </td></tr> <tr><td>www.mywhateverservices.com </td></tr> <tr><td id="sameline">[email protected] </td></tr> </table> </td> <TD width="2%"></TD> <td style="vertical-align:top">internal order Num </td> </tr> </table>

Thanks.

timbarden
    Participant

I rarely venture into Word (muffled screams) but I imagine the issue is that, being a Word document, it’s not going to support CSS styling…

knowledgenotebook
    Participant

@timbarden, ok, thanks for the note, I knew my best bet to talk to the company that created the “engine” for the conversion of html data into Word… but they are elusive…

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.