Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS How to make a menu bar with xml data source responsive

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    sajinaboo
    Participant

Hi,

I have a menu bar with its source derived from an xml data source. I have successfully created the menu bar, but bow I want to make that menu bar responsive. I have tried many options but I can’t get a correct solution. I hope for a answer here. The code is given as below.

<div id="abchome_menu_bar">
    <table>
    <tr>
    <td width="auto" align="center" valign="middle" style="text-align:center">
    <asp:Menu ID="Menu1" runat="server" Orientation="Horizontal" Width="94%" ondatabound="Menu1_DataBound">
    <DynamicMenuStyle CssClass="IE8Fix" />
    <LevelMenuItemStyles>
    <asp:MenuItemStyle CssClass= "mainmenu" />
    <asp:MenuItemStyle CssClass= "levelmenu" />
    <asp:MenuItemStyle CssClass="sublevelmenu" />
    </LevelMenuItemStyles>
    <StaticSelectedStyle CssClass="selected" />
    <DataBindings>
    <asp:MenuItemBinding DataMember="Menu" TextField="text" ValueField="text" NavigateUrlField="url" />
    <asp:MenuItemBinding DataMember="SubMenu" TextField="text" ValueField="text" NavigateUrlField="url" />
    <asp:MenuItemBinding DataMember="Home" NavigateUrlField="url" TextField="text" ValueField="text" />
    </DataBindings>
    </asp:Menu>
    <asp:XmlDataSource ID="XmlDataSource1" runat="server"></asp:XmlDataSource>
    </td>
    <td style="width: 100%" align="right">
    <asp:Label ID="lblWelcome" runat="server" Style="font-style: italic;" ForeColor="White"></asp:Label>
    </td>
    <td style="text-align: right; width: 62px">
    <asp:LinkButton ID="lbtnLogOut" runat="server"  ForeColor="White" Font-Size="10pt" Width="60px">Log Out</asp:LinkButton>
    </td>
    </tr>
    </table>
    </div>

Thanks & Regards,
    Sajin A

Paulie_D

The first thing you are probably going to hear is “Don’t use tables for layout”

Secondly, if you could show us the output HTML and what CSS you have in a Codepen demo that would be more useful.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.