Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Design How should I improve my color schemes?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Leonard Heldt
    Participant

Hey.

I recently started web design and got out of the “positioning” stages as I’d like to call the time in which CSS doesn’t make any sense yet. :D I realized quickly Web Design is far more than positioning and I decided to learn about the color theory, color schmemes etc. I followed the theories to create some palettes. I am well aware that I will not be creating beautiful colour schemes right in the beginning, but I feel like I am missing something. Even though I give my best, they always turn out to look like absolute garbage.

Do you guys have any books / courses, posts, tipps or whatever I could use to improve? I use the website http://colorschemedesigner.com/csd-3.5/ to create them btw.

Peace,
    Leonard

Shikkediel
    Participant

I’ve always found it a process with a lot of trial and error… colours are just weird in a way – change one and the others will look differently as well. My own preference for a general scheme is to not use a too vibrant palette, a bit of grey makes them usually match more easily.

mhodges44
    Participant

Leonard, I’ve used the application you linked to and I found it to be alright. I think it gets into the weeds too much and I found myself spending more time trying to configure all of the dials and such and end up worse than I started. One app I found for modern color scheme generation is:

https://coolors.co/app/0b132b-1c2541-2fe6de-3a506b-3e6990

Might want to give it a look. It’s much simpler and easy to use, I think. Minimalist design is hot right now with a pastel color scheme. You can pretty easily make some beautiful designs using some simple techniques.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.