Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Back End how does chris do his "explore ye pioneers" box?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    silvers

Hiya,

I love the jQuery tabbed box that chris has on the front page of css tricks along the right.

he has 4 tabs that have different articles in them, and i was wondering how this works?! :roll:

i am not asking to be spoon-fed as i do try to work things out myself a lot, but i am a bit lost.

what i really want to know, is how is it pulling in the articles? are the articles given a special category and if so how is the menu pulling in the content from each category?

also what tabbed jquery table would you use? i understand there are loads around, but i am having dificulty understanding how they are being populated by the articles in each tab.

if you guys could shed some light on this one i would be VERY GRATEFUL and love you forever!

silvers

rudynorman

A sample of those tabs are in the "Freebies" section – here’s a link for you to download and play with.

http://css-tricks.com/organic-tabs/

silvers

hey thanks a lot for the reply! what an excellent answer you gave me. it properly answered my questions and has inspired me to use it.

thanks a lot.

i thought that it was pulling the articles through dynamically some way but i guess they are just coded links that chris set up.

thanks again, i really appreciate it :D

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Back End’ is closed to new topics and replies.