Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS [Solved] How do I put the logo in the "top menu" bar?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    CeceXX
    Participant

Hello everyone,

I’d love if someone could help me out on this. I’m pretty newbie to CSS and I don’t know the basics very well, but I can edit prewritten CSS files decently. This is the website: bikes-and-bikes.com.

I’d like to move the logo to the top menu (the grey bar on top), so that it looks like this website (your-workout-routine.com). I tried doing anything but I really didn’t manage to do it.

This is part of the style.css of the theme:

[MOD EDIT – Codedump Removed]
    Thank you so much!

Paulie_D

Please don’t dump code like that, it’s rarely useful without the appropriate HTML, often incomplete and is often not relevant to the issue at hand.

Instead make a reduced demo with just enoughHTML & CSS to show the problem in a Codepen.io. We don’t like having to wade through dozens of lines of code not relevant to your issue.

See the Tips Box —->

Help us help you.

CeceXX
    Participant

Thanks for your answer.

I’m using WordPress and there are other languages involved such as PHP, thus I’m not sure if I could replicate the same environment on Codepen.io. I mentioned the URL so there shouldn’t be any problems with inspecting the code of the style.css file. Did I clarify?

Thanks!

Paulie_D

You can still put the output HTML in Codepen together with your CSS. You won’t know unless you try.

I mentioned the URL so there shouldn’t be any problems with inspecting the code of the style.css file.

We’re still wading through masses of irrelevant code, now using dev tools rather than Codepen, which is even worse….so it’s not something we like to do.

A little effort on your part would go a long way.

CeceXX
    Participant

Thanks for your answer.

I’d love to create a Pen successfully, but as you have already figured out I’m totally new to this. I’m trying to import an external CSS file (http://www.bikes-and-bikes.com/wp-content/themes/flavor/style.css) but nothing happens. It pops out an alert saying that the code is fine and has no lint (?) errors.

Thanks!

CeceXX
    Participant

Thanks @Atelierbram for your answer!

Now that you kindly created the codepen for me (thanks again!) what should I do? Why should I fork it? Does it mean I do have to reduce it a bit?

Thanks again!

CeceXX
    Participant

@Atelierbram, thank you so much for your help. That was what I was looking for!

@Paulie_D
    Very sorry for not providing you with the codepen. Thanks for your help.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.