Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other How browser show the image?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    surajwasnik
    Participant

Hello,

I dont know is it foolish or not but my question is how browser shoing the HTML image. I am not talking about HTML img tag that i know, I want to know what kind of backed process is done when img tag is parse by browser?

Hope will get reply soon..

Thanks in advance.

Beverleyh
    Participant

The links below come from a great website for learning the basics on how browsers display a web page, and consequently, ways to make pages faster. I’m pretty sure the website was once called ‘Feed The Bot’ but it looks like it’s changed – presumably due to negative connotations around blackhat methods used to trick search engines. Anyway, all the content is now on another domain and it’s a damn good read.

These articles seem relevant in understanding how images fit in to the render process https://varvy.com/pagespeed/critical-render-path.html and https://varvy.com/pagespeed/display.html, although you should work through all the articles in the ‘Speed’ section as there’s much to glean from each to build up a better overall understanding of how everything works together.

surajwasnik
    Participant

Hi, Beverleyh

Thanks for a link, but that is not sort my problem. Can you please tell, image is come up on browser via data url or direct transfer ?

I need to know instate of img link if I use data url the that will improve my website performance or not ?

Beverleyh
    Participant

Those articles go part-way in answering your question – They explain that an image is an external resource that has to be requested in order to be transferred and displayed in the browser.

Assuming you have done your homework on Data URIs, you will know that they are hardcoded image data that’s embedded directly into the web page/CSS and, therefore, the browser does not need to request an external resource from the server. In effect, they cut out HTTP requests but their overall data size is bigger than the image file, so you need to weigh-up when a Data URI is best. Try Googling “when to use a data uri” to help you decide what’s best for your circumstances.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.