Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Horizontal Menu Overlapping

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    jltjr
    Participant

I have a site that works fine on my monitor but NOT my clients old resolution monitor. The horizontal menu goes behind the LOGO as the window is made smaller. It eventually goes to the mobile phone menu at a certain point. How can I prevent this menu from ever going behind the logo with my CSS?

http://redlightelectronics.com/ffs/

uxfed
    Participant

I’m guessing you’ve got a really high-resolution monitor if you’re not seeing overlap on yours. You may want to consider dragging your browser window in, just to see how it looks at various breakpoints (also a lot of people don’t browse with their browser window full-screen).

To answer your question though, replace “col-md-2 col-xs-12” with “col-md-auto col-xs-12” (the logo), and replace “col-md-8 col-xs-12” with “col-md col-xs-12” (the menu).

jltjr
    Participant

Thank you, I did that and reduced the padding between the links. I do have a wide screen monitor so that does create some issues when I forget to view at different resolutions.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.