Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums JavaScript Hopefully an easy one to fix…Chrome Slider issue

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    RichyT

Hi Guys, first time posting on here – so hopefully I’ll give you enough detail.

I have created a website for a client – found here: http://www.pps-ltd.org.uk/

Now I have a strange issue with the slider I am using (Nivo Slider – http://nivo.dev7studios.com/) in Chrome. My problem in detail:

1 – I first load up a fresh new chrome window (using a mac by the way – Chrome version: 13.0.782.215).

2 – Go to the site.

3 – The slider displays the first image (its set to randomly choose the first image).

4 – The slider fades to the second image.

5 – Then doesn’t do anything…

6 – I can either go to an alternate page of the site and go back to the home page OR just refresh the page, the slideshow works as it should, and cycles all 9 available images.

7 – I then cmd-q chrome, load up a fresh one again and repeat, the problem is still happening from a fresh chrome window!

I have tried this on 3 separate pc’s and have the problem on all 3, does it happen to you? I have also tried 2 other sliders, including CSS-Tricks own ‘Anything Slider’ and had the same issue – which hopefully leads to a problem in my code than can be easily fixed.

Any ideas or solutions will be GREATLY appreciated. Real head scratcher!

Crebant

On my computer at work (windows xp) it seems to work fine with chrome 13.0.782.112 m and FF6.

RichyT

Thanks crebant! Still happening on all pcs I try, can anyone else confirm if there is an issue when viewing the site, your help will be much appreciated!

allatonce
    Participant

It works fine on chrome in Linux as well

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘JavaScript’ is closed to new topics and replies.