Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Hide element if WordPress user logged in

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    harvey02
    Participant

Hi, I am just curious if there is a css class that can hide an element if a WordPress user is logged in. I have some buttons that I only want shown if the user is logged out. I specifically need a class and not a custom function. Thanks!

LearnTheNew
    Participant

i do not know what button you want to show up. But if the user is logged in the account should be with a job role example – subscribers. What you want to show for users you can edit it in code. but the WordPress backend should not be shown as frontend.

harvey02
    Participant

I would like to hide/show a button in a slider. The slider buttons settings allow me to add css classes to the button.

Dagny
    Participant

What you can do is use a function to add a class in the body if user is logged in. For example:

https://pastebin.com/fSqv5g3p

And then target the buttons you want to disable like this.

.logged_in .button{
    display:none;
    }

check if WP doesn’t automatically add classes on the body (or in any other parent) when the user is logged in where you can use them.

phil1ooo
    Participant

Hello

I have tried to place this into the Custom css panel but it doesn’t hide the block at all

.logged-in #panel-gb130-5d2cbb5c140e9-1-0-0 > .panel-widget-style, #panel-gb130-5d2cbb5c140e9-2-0-0 > .panel-widget-style {
    display: none;
    }

I am SiteOrigin Editor widget within this block/single row where I want to display a message on the front page and have it removed once they login.

The above is copy/pasted from the browsers source for that block as far as I can see.

Any ideas please on how to make this work please?

Cheers

phil1ooo
    Participant

It’s OK I worked it out and got it work as it should..

Cheers

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.