Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Back End help with wordpress categories

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    cybershot
    Participant

I have been googling the crap out of this for two hours without much luck. Here is what I need

I have a tabbed content box with three tabs. I want to make three categories in the content box. One category for each tab. That way the user can make a post in wordpress to a specific category and have it automatically show up in the content box under that tab. This content box is on the homepage. I have been able to get the categories to show up, but it shows all of them no matter what category you post in. I want to show the category, title with permalink and the_excerpt() of the post made to that category. I am using this code to prevent the category from showing up in the homepage regualar posting area

Code:
    if (is_home()) {
    query_posts(“cat=-24,-25,-26”);
    }
    ?>

got any idea’s. This would make an excellent blog post or tutorial since there does not seem to be an easy to find solution online.

Rob MacKay
    Participant

this little explanation helped me a lot..

http://perishablepress.com/press/2008/0 … wordpress/

You might have found it already though…

cybershot
    Participant

will simple pie split up the categories into 3 different categories and show them in the spot I want them to. Usually rss shows all the posts. I don’t want the entire post to show, I want the title and the_excerpt(). I don’t know if simple pie will do that.

Chris Coyier
    Keymaster
    Code:

Do that for each of the three categories?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Back End’ is closed to new topics and replies.