Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Help with links!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Kasey
    Participant

I am working on my portfolio site and I love the idea of a fixed header that is always at the top of the page. I was able to that easily but the next problem are my anchor tags on the page. The portfolio is basically a one page site that has an about section and a work section with a pop up contact form. When you click the links to the about and portfolio sections they display at the top of the page, problem is the header takes up 160px and the content ends up behind it.

The link is: http://www.kaseybon.com, you’ll see what I mean.

I’m hoping there is some amazing CSS feature I can use to fix it without having to resort to javascript which I some how always break!

lulli240

Just an idea, but why dont you just link the top part, in this case the about part to the frontpage. So instead of have the link”About” you’ll just have it “About” ?

TheDoc

Very interesting, I assumed you had forgotten to add the margin-top to your content but that seems to be there as well… I’m afraid I’m at a bit of a loss! Fixed element aren’t my area of expertise though, so I’m sure somebody will come along with a solution!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.