Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Help with footer css please?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    crashley1784

Hi all –
    I’ve created a fluid style (my first one!) for this site, and everything is working really well except for the footer.
    I’m trying to create two divs, one floated left and one floated right so that the background images line up. You can see the problem I’m having with that…
    http://www.laurenacooper.com/mustangcreek

Here’s the css code I’m using:

Code:
    #footerleft {
    background: #000066;
    width: 250px;
    height: 60px;
    position: relative;
    top: 0;
    left: 0;
    z-index: 10;
    }
    #footerright {
    background: #cc0000;
    float: right;
    width: 300px;
    height: 60px;
    position: relative;
    top: 0;
    right: 0;
    z-index: 20;
    }
    AshtonSanders
    Participant

I’d recommend starting with Validating your HTML.

Then see how it’s working.

crashley1784

Ok, I looked at the validation, and I see that it’s saying that divs aren’t allowed in the footer. So what steps would I take to rectify this problem? How else would I make the footer look right without using divs?

apostrophe
    Participant
    Quote:
    Ok, I looked at the validation, and I see that it’s saying that divs aren’t allowed in the footer.

Actually it’s saying that divs aren’t allowed inside <p> tags. But to be honest you have far bigger problems than that. A table for layout? Puleeeze,it’s 2009!
    Honestly, if it were mine I’d bin it and start again, using css to achieve the layout and not a table.

crashley1784

*sigh* yes I know that tables are now the red-headed stepchild of web design. I am, however, using wordpress, and the theme I’m using (Atahualpa – which is the best WordPress theme I’ve come across by the way) uses tables. I’m not scrapping the theme and starting over.
    So, I guess I’ll just have to figure it out since I’m not getting any helpful suggestions here.
    Thanks anyway.

apostrophe
    Participant

Suit yourself.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.