Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Help! Twitter Bootstrap in IE won’t work

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    merry1084

I’ve created a site using Twitter Bootstrap and it looks fine in all browsers except for IE. I’ve added this shim (see below) but still won’t work. I’m on a deadline. Can anyone help? I’d be eternally grateful.

merry1084

Paulie_D

A link might help.

I find it difficult to believe that it’s not working AT ALL.

What precisely is the issue in IE (whichever version)?

DennisJohnsen
    Participant

Remembered to put it in your head-tag, BEFORE any css?

Paulie_D

Not sure why before or after would make a difference other than for perfomance.

It will still be read before the page is rendered wouldn’t it?

>To use this script, download the html5shiv and roll it in to your own code (ideally minified). It must be included before the element (i.e. in the ``) **but doesn’t matter if it appears before or after the CSS** – but for the sake of performance, it would make better sense to include the CSS first then this script.

merry1084

Would either of you be willing to look at my files? I can zip them up and send. I don’t have it on a server yet.

Paulie_D

Sorry nope.

If you have Dropbox (and everyone should), I highly recommend Site44.com.

It basically makes a folder in your Dropbox account into a virtual website with a public link.. It’s free and you can pick any site name you want (it just ends in Site44.com).

It’s like a private folder on Site44’s server. Once you have finished, just delete it.

NghiQuach
    Participant

Can you dive into the difference, Bootstrap DOES look different in IE.

merry1084

Internet explorer is not reading my media queries or the javascript. I put in the html5 shim. I even tried adding a JavaScript library called css3-mediaqueries.js by Wouter van der Graaf that I found which was supposed to solve media query issues in browsers that don’t support them. But, neither of these are working. Is my doctype correct? :(

merry1084

Bald For Bucks

merry1084

When I copy and paste my code into the comment box here it removes things…is that normal?

theacefes

Yeah it’s a little tricky so most typically put the code in a jsfiddle or codepen.

NghiQuach
    Participant

I’ve gotten it to work with the js file you mentioned using the html5shiv but I also added the responsive media queries one by “Scott Jehl, Paul Irish, Nicholas Zakas” called respond.js.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.