Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums JavaScript Help needed please. JQuery plugin wont work.

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    tomasjj11

Hi all

Hopefully this post is in the correct category. I am not sure whether it is a problem with the css or Jquery.
    I have downloaded a JQuery plugin called galleria it is an image gallery. It is having a problem in Firefox and Opera. I am using the latest stable versions of both. If anyone can help me to find the problem i will be very grateful. The link to the site is http://www.flow23.co.uk/shaunnypopNew/xhtml/index.html
    and the galleria website is http://galleria.aino.se/

Many thanks Tom

cybershot
    Participant

the code is making a div with the id of galleria-container and setting a height of 20px to it. Why is it doing that? did you set some option? how did you install it?

tomasjj11

Thank you for replying Cyber Shot. As I was replying and about to paste some of the css from the plugin to here i applied .galleria-container{min-height:440px} and now shows up thank you for pushing me in the correct direction. But there is one other problem. The page takes a very long time to load. I have 50mb fiber optic internet and it takes about 1min to load. Does anyone know any fast JQuery gallery plugins? Or anyways to speed up the page?

Thank you again for you help Cyber Shot
    Tom

Bob

Well, after taking a look at your page, your images in the gallery seem to take up at least 10MBs. Thats quite a lot, although I think the page was fully loaded in around 30 seconds for me (wireless on a laptop).
    What I’m trying to say is, they seem to be quite big in size, probably because they’re in PNG format. Although I can understand why you’ve chosen for that, probably quality-wise, I think I’d be smarter to upload them in JPG format, as they will be a lot smaller.
    Try it, and see if the page loads faster.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘JavaScript’ is closed to new topics and replies.