Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Help Needed

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    rosco
    Participant

Hi all,

I’m developing a Touchscreen mini-site using Twitter Bootstrap and have a small issue that I need your help with.

On the Navigation Bar, the black border underneath the purple gradient disappears behind the gradient when I scroll. How can I amend this so the border scrolls as one?

Here’s the link to the site

Thanks,

Ross

JosiahB

find … header#header …. in the css code and change … position: absolute …. to …. position: fixed

Hope this helps!

JosiahB

oh, and apply …. z-index: 100; …. to the same element …. header#header …. to make sure that the black border stays on top of the other parts of the page

rosco
    Participant

Hi Josiah,

Thanks for the speedy response, that’s worked perfectly.

I have also noticed that on This Page when you select one of the hyperlinks on the A-Z, and it goes to the anchored link, some of the page is hidden behind the header navbar.

I presume that to fix this I would need to add some padding, but I’m not sure exactly what I need to add the padding to. Can you help?

Thanks,

Ross

JosiahB

Hey! Well this is actually a problem with javascript … so find … bootstrap-scrollspy.js … in your javascript folder. Open it up with an editor (notepad will work fine if you have windows) and find …

$.fn.scrollspy.defaults = {
    offset: 10
    }

change … offset: 10 … to … offset: 0 …

Hope this works! :)

rosco
    Participant

Hi Josiah, I tried this but it didn’t work. Any other ideas?

JosiahB

ok … then try this ….

data-offset=”50″
    }

….

rosco
    Participant

Hmm… Sorry that doesn’t seem to work either. Can I check if I’m possibly doing something wrong? I could only find

offset: 0
    }

I changed this to the code you suggested in the previous post but this hasn’t worked, as the anchored link still disappears behind the navbar (header).

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.