Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Help modifying css in WP menu plugin

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    kellyf
    Participant

Hello,

I have found a wordpress plugin to add dropdown lists to the main menu(I was here a little while ago asking for assistance with that). I have the drop down lists now need to modify the css to make the font color #2E97AA, the background #fff, capitalized font in main menu and drop down list (all browser’s – it works in main menu in chrome but not firefox right now), and a:visited and a:active set to underline.

I have the hardest time understanding which css selectors to use with the inspect element in chrome. Some are bold and some are greyed out, what does that mean? Does anyone have any advice on finding the correct selectors?

http://penchild.org/

kellyf
    Participant

Thanks for the help again Shikkediel. I was able to work off the css you suggested.

Sorry my question was not very clear.

Another problem:
    #mega_main_menu is blocking the logo and the donate button causing the links not to work. I tried:

#mega_main_menu {
    max-height: 50 px;
    }

but that didn’t work(even with !important).

Any ideas?

kellyf
    Participant

thanks, that fixed the issue but now there is a weird blue box around any of the navigation pages when they are clicked on..

kellyf
    Participant

I forgot to test in other browsers. The blue box shows up in chrome, looks great in Firefox and there is a flashing Green in IE when pages in the navigation are clicked on.

kellyf
    Participant

darn, didn’t work.

kellyf
    Participant

That was cool. Thanks for the directions on finding what I needed to. the blue box is gone now. It’s still got a freaky neon green flash in IE. I’m not sure if that’s the background.

kellyf
    Participant

IE Version 11. well that’s good you don’t see it in an older version. it’s not the nav bar at all that’s flashing, it’s the whole page. I’ll message the plugin authors for help. this might be something other than css.

kwerty
    Participant

Just checked on IE10 and i didn’t see any flashing on my end. It should be fine on IE11.

kellyf
    Participant

It’s definitely flashing in IE 11. I just scrolled down and realized it is the color of the grass that is flashing but it’s the whole page. I’m wondering if it’s a javascript onload issue(and that’s about all I know about javascript). I also have dsl so my page might be loading a bit slower than yours if you have cable.

Tom
    Participant

Can you use a different computer and look if it still flashes in IE11? Because I’m not seeing any flashing here using IE11.

kellyf
    Participant

Yes it’s still happening. and I need to account for all load times. I’m not sure why it’s entirely green. If I could just change the background to white no one would probably notice it.

Any ideas?

kellyf
    Participant

Problem solved. For some reason the guy that built the theme had lime green set as the body background. Changing it to white fixed it.

thanks for the help.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.