Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Back End Has anyone ever used the CodeIgniter framework?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    JohnMotylJr
    Participant

Been dabbling a lot more in PHP and I have read a few reviews on it, mostly somewhat biased reviews though.

Anyone ever used this framework, and if so, what did you like and/or dislike about it?

Thank yall!!!

devil3682116
    Participant

I have not used it yet but m learning its online tutorials….one of my friend is using it and he says its good. I may not know much but it is based on same new concept of MVC(Model View Controller) as other framework such as yii uses. it is object oriented. thats all i know now.

if you want to use it, use it…nothing is good or bad, every frameworks has its own pros and cons. :)

theacefes

I’ve used it before and it has decent enough documentation. I also recommend [Kohana](http://kohanaframework.org/ “”).

JohnMotylJr
    Participant

@devil3682116, thanks for the response. I agree with ya, just use it. I come from the .NET world which is totally OOP (C#) and so simple, i just don’t need all that back-end for what i’m doing now (hence why im getting into more PHP). Thanks!

@theacefes
    , Thanks for the insight, ill make sure to check out Kohana as well, thanks much.

OOP FTW!!!

theacefes

Ooh another .Net dev. Yay! (lol)

devil3682116
    Participant

huh?? every object oriented programming are simple.

@theacefes
    : wat wid .net………i hab zero knowledge abt it!

JohnMotylJr
    Participant

@devil3682116, The reason i made that reference to oop is that as i said, i am very unfamiliar with php and all resources i have found are procedural without the use of classes, inheritance, or etc.

@theacefes
    , I was checking out that Kohana, looks good. Thanks!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘Back End’ is closed to new topics and replies.