Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Giving bouncing effects to the image without changing its position on the page.

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    PSP
    Participant

Hi Friends,

I have an image on the page, now I want to add some bouncy or spring motion effects to the image, I know this is very easy but my idea is to do this effect without changing the image position on the screen, I mean consider image has four corners (x1,y1)(x2,y1)(x2,y2)(x1,y2),
    now i want to add those effects without changing these coordinates of image.

I tried in this way: animate the css property of increasing the height and clipping the image to those coordinates on the page(used setInterval). It’s looks like bouncing but looks little weird because of clipping.

Any suggestion or idea?

Thanks in advance.

Jozsef K.
    Participant

Can’t say that it’s clear to me what you want to achieve.You could try animating transform:scale() rule.

Something similar you can find here:
    http://cssdeck.com/labs/css-bouncing-bubble-balls

Paulie_D
    PSP
    Participant

Those demos move object, but for me the top and bottom edge of the image should be fixed to the screen.

Paulie_D

@PSP In the box-shadow demo the image is not moving at all…it just looks like it is.

CrocoDillon
    Participant

With `transform: scale(…)` the box of the image is preserved as well so it doesn’t influence other elements around it.

Paulie_D

My codepen updated to demonstrate `transform:scale` also.

PSP
    Participant

I tried with transform:scale also but i could not achieve my requirements.
    It should look like top and bottom “edge” is fixed.

unasAquila
    Participant

Your looking for a Bloat effect?

CrocoDillon
    Participant

You can’t have top and bottom fixed, and change height, all that without clipping.

Try `transform: scale(1.25, 1)`

unasAquila
    Participant

could you provide an image with the states you require.

Paulie_D

Added a zoom effect to Codepen.

@PSP
    To be honest, I think we need to see ‘before’ & ‘after’ examples of what you are trying to achieve.

EDIT: See @unasAquila has just posted the same request.

PSP
    Participant

Sorry because I do not have any image to show it. I can explain it in more clear way.
    Consider a spring which is fixed on both the sides, I mean both end of spring is fixed to the certain points, now I want to pull it from the middle, so that it will be giving bouncing effect still both ends are fixed.

Jozsef K.
    Participant

Like a piece of material, blanket, that is blown by the wind, so you see the ripples only? So actually you want a ripple/wawe effect?

PSP
    Participant

Yes.. Kind of… Thanks for understanding

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.