Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Getting objects where you want them! Help

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    justin

To start off, I’m kind of a beginner when it comes to CSS. So I’m sure this is an extremely easy and stupid question to ask, but nonetheless it’s killing me. I’m using Dreamweaver CS3.

My Problem:
    I want to be able to position CSS elements exactly where they’ll show up on the internet. If I draw a new <div> tag (I’m in design mode) then it’s fine, but when I view the website, it’s out of place as to where it should be.

Click here to see my problem: http://www.abiblesoftware.com/feat_mac_e.html
    Scroll down to the bottom where there are the four large buttons, and you’ll see that the titles of the button ("Gather Tool, "Search", etc.) are obviously lower/higher (depending on if you use Safari or Firefox) than they should be.

So, when I made that in Dreamweaver (since I’m new to CSS I’m sticking to design mode, so I don’t mess with the code much), it looks right, but when viewed online, the components are out of place.

How do I place them correctly?

TheDoc

Unfortunately, you’re going to have to go into Code View.

To be honest, there is absolutely no reason you should be in Design View. It’s a waste of your time.

justin

Ok, well what part of CSS code will do this?

TheDoc

I’m afraid you’ll have to start at the beginning. There are a gazillion tutorials online.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.