Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Gap Below Slideshow in Internet Explorer 8

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    nickwinters
    Participant

Hello,

I’m doing a little browser testing and am having trouble with IE 8. Specifically below my frontpage slideshow. The site is pacificsportspine.com. When you first load the page, everthing appears to be ok, but if you expand and then shrink the browser window width you’ll notice a small gap between the slideshow and the green feature area. I was hoping someone could offer a suggestion as to how to fix this issue?

Thanks!

Paulie_D

Can’t quite track it down what’s causing it using IE10 tools…although I can see it. Could it be that the image isn’t display:block…I’ve seen this fix this sort of thing before?

However, the most obvious thing to do is change the bg color from the grey to the green

.block-showcase {
    position: relative;
    z-index: 1;

background-color: gray; <--- change this
    background-color: #b9da89; <--- to this

min-height: 250px;
    width: 100%;
    vertical-align: middle;
       }

Not ideal, I appreciate, but it would make the gap essentially the right color, I think.

nickwinters
    Participant

I believe I fixed it. I expanded the size ratio on the images and then increased the height by 20px on the wrapper. I believe it had something to do with how the images were being resized when the viewport shrinks.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.