Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums JavaScript Fullscreen Background Jquery Method

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    elstinko

I adopted the 3rd method on the fullscreen background page and it works amazingly accept I have an issue with Chrome not honoring the height 100%. It keeps locking aspect ration while the other browsers compensate. Here is our mockup.

http://mainlineserver.com/mockup2/

Any insight on why Chrome is doing this and any workarounds would be most appreciated!

vanderwijk

On IE8 it also does not seem to display correctly, a possible workaround would be using the jQuery Supersized plugin. The core version of this plugin should do exactly what you want.

TheLeggett

One possible non-js solution would be using CSS Media Queries to resize the background depending on the viewport size.

I just sort of ballparked these numbers, but it seems to do an okay job with sizing the background:

@media (max-width: 1400px) and (min-height: 600px) {
    .bgwidth {
    height:100%;
    width:auto;
    }
    }
    elstinko

I love the viewport size method but it does not work in any version of IE. Well maybe 9.

Anyway, my IE 8 is displaying right. The only browser that is not working for me is Chrome.

elstinko

What is strange is the example on this website does work with chrome. Its my implementation that is not.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘JavaScript’ is closed to new topics and replies.