Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other Front-end Job Interview Questions

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Rugg
    Participant

Recently discovered the github repo for Front-end Job Interview Questions. Does anyone know of an answer guide for reference?

https://github.com/darcyclarke/Front-end-Developer-Interview-Questions

__
    Participant

Do you really think that questions like

What did you learn yesterday/this week?

Would have a “textbook” answer? It’s a collection of questions for interviews, not an exam.

Senff
    Participant

I don’t think he was looking for answers for every question @traq — but a reference (like he said) for exam-like questions such as “How many resources will a browser download from a given domain at a time?” or “Explain why the following doesn’t work as an IIFE: function foo(){ }();.“.

A valid request, in my opinion. :)

__
    Participant

I’ll concede I hadn’t looked through all of them before replying, though overall, they seemed to be very intentionally open-ended and discussion-provoking rather than direct-answer questions.

To answer your question, @Ruggie, the readme mentions that most of the questions were drawn from a discussion on oksoclap, and names major sources. I don’t see anything resembling a “study guide,” but those names and discussions might be a good place to start researching.

nixnerd
    Participant

Ha ha, I saw these about a week ago while jumping around Github.

To some extent, I think you’re both right.

I think the questions are fair but even on some of the more specific ones, there seems to be a few ways to attack it.

The reality is… interviewing is an art. Most interviewers SUCK. That’s why someone had to create these. Most hires are determined by whether or not the person is reasonably competent and will fit into the company culture. That’s it.

I would say, study them as a loose reference… but I wouldn’t sweat it. If you know your stuff, that will come through.

I saw this list a few months ago of what a JUNIOR level front end needed to know and… WOW. If you know ALL of that stuff, you’re probably a senior level dev.

Rugg
    Participant

I’m simply looking to use this as a learning guide as apposed to interview preparation. I came across a number of questions / topics that I’d like to know further about.

nixnerd
    Participant

This isn’t the same list I saw but here’s one of what frontend devs should know:

http://www.impressivewebs.com/skills-front-end-developers/

MySQL and Regex?? Really?

Even just asking someone to be proficient in all three CMS systems is a littel ridiculous. All the people I know are EITHER WordPress, Drupal or Joomla people. Not all three.

nixnerd
    Participant

I happen to be learning Python and Regex at the moment but that’s just for fun. I don’t think those are “qualifications” to be a front end dev.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.