Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other Free Hybrid Child Theme

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    jmorrow

Hey everyone,

I decided to release a Free Hybrid Child Theme. As a child theme or the Hybrid Them Framework, you will need Hybrid installed in order for this theme to work.

The CSS is very light on images, which was my main goal for fast page loading. With hybrid, the thumbnail integration is really easy particularly for the Front Page Slider. No custom codes are required.

The theme is XHTML valid too. Being a free theme, there’s no catch, really. There is a theme attribution link in the footer which is removable. I prefer that you keep it, if you use this theme though.

Here’s the page to download this Free Magazine Style WordPress theme: http://www.jarretmorrow.com/theme/.

AustinKnight
    Participant

Looks nice :) If I were to change it though, the first thing I’d do is edit the slider…I think it would be nice to see a few numbered boxes across the bottom to browse the features instead of arrows and a pause button. I think it goes along better with your sidebar switcher… Just personal preference though! :D

jmorrow

Yeah, I don’t love the current slider controls. I might change the graphics on the buttons or add numbers as you suggest. I’m constantly updating this theme, so I will look to address this issue which I agree with you about.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.