Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS font, text height

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    gd77
    Participant

is their a way to control the font or text height’s? just the height not width not size

lyleyboy

font-size: 12px;

SgtLegend

Also ensure when using font-size to set a line-height that’s at least 2 pixels greater which helps to get a more consistent outcome in IE.

chrisburton
    Participant

If you mean to stretch it height wise, no.

Unfortunately not.

gd77
    Participant

ya to stretch It’s Height :( thanks for the help.

chrisburton
    Participant

The only way to do it is using an image but even then it would look terrible.

It’s not ideal but you could use negative letter-spacing to help achieve the effect you are after. It will condense the text and you could adjust the font-size accordingly.

Here is an example: http://jsfiddle.net/sl1dr/sucb5/

standuncan

If you used a narrow font and also the negative letter-spacing like Joshua said, it would probably be as close as what you want. I think there may be some type of future way with text transform in 2d or 3d if I heard correctly, but even if it wouldn’t be cross-browser compatible.

chrisburton
    Participant

There are plenty of typefaces in general that you could use without manipulation. What exactly is the design behind this @gd77 ?

You just taught me something @Hompimpa, I never looked into scale beyond what I had seen and had no idea you could declare the x and y value separately! That works well: http://jsfiddle.net/sl1dr/KurYd/

jeleyinte

What is the best font for a website?

salmankhan

there is no best font
    it’s just related with what is your website all about

trusktr
    Participant

use CSS transform:scaleY(yValue) to stretch it vertically, on the Y axis. This might pixelate the text in some browsers. An alternative is to use SVG text, then apply transform="scale(0, yValue)" attribute, which will not pixelate (it’s a vector!).

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.