Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Design Floating Right DIV – WordPress trying to shorten margin – losing the battle

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    jquinn84
    Participant

Hi All,

I’m fairly new to this game and hoping someone may be able to help me. If you visit the below page on my site at the below URL you will see a “Filter-By” section. To the right of this is my first advertisement, the problem is it is a little too far to the right and I’ve been trying the limited tricks I know of changing padding or margins to try and snap this closer to the “Filter-By” section but it’s just not happening – would anybody know what I need to do please? URL is below:

http://wedding-underwear.com/wedding-bras/

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide to me!

JeroenR
    Participant

Decrease the width of <div class="span4">, which is 370px by the media query for min-width 1200pc, and increase the width of <div class="span8 first"> where the ad is in, with the same number that the span 4 has been decreased.
    Then they will be closer to each other.

jquinn84
    Participant

Hi JeroenR – Do you know what CSS file I should be using to change this please?
    I gave it a go in a CSS file I found that was a 1501037093index.css – in fact if you look at this file now you will see I changed Span 4 from 370 to 170 and span 8 from 770 to 970 but nothing seemed to work. Any other advice you may have please man?

JeroenR
    Participant

I’m sorry. I cannot find that. It looks like you’re using a plugin (probably wp-fastest-cache) for minimizing your CSS files.
    Just do a global search on your CSS files (or SASS or whatever you’re using) and look for either .span4 or @media (min-width: 1200px). The result should be there somewhere.

webinuse
    Participant

Or you can simple use SiteOrigin CSS and change it.
    https://wordpress.org/plugins/so-css/
    Because this plugin is actually writing CSS in your part of page it will change anything you need. And the best part of it all is that even after you update your theme or plugin, your changes will remain.

jquinn84
    Participant

@JoroenR – you are a genius man – thanks so much or your help. I FINALLY found it.

@Korovjov123
    – nice suggestion but I like to understand the CSS myself so no need for the plugin. thanks though.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.