Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Firefox is breaking my site, not sure why.

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    kerninglife
    Participant

I just noticed that my website is broken in Firefox. I’m not entirely sure what it could be considering it looks fine in Chrome and Safari. Any help is tremendously appreciated.

http://www.garrettbdesigns.com

Paulie_D

Well…first off

.links {
    float: center; /* no such property */
    height: 130px;
    width: 600px;
    margin: 0 0 0 100px;
    line-height: 20px;
    background-color: #353535;
    }

It’s definitely the ‘links’ div because when I remove it….everything else snaps into place.

kerninglife
    Participant

That should be either left or right, didn’t realize I had that as it’s value.

kerninglife
    Participant

I changed any instances of “float: center” to left but it didn’t do much of anything. I am noticing that the layout gets better when that div is removed. If I have to adjust the positioning of elements then will that throw off the layout on other browsers?

I’m not able to really work on my site at the moment, I am just trying to get ideas of how to fix the problem so I can get it fixed asap.

Paulie_D

You should look at separating the parts into individual sections that work right by themselves.

So, have the header…get that working right.

Then have a separate wrapper for the images, get those sorted…then move on to the footer etc.

kerninglife
    Participant

So have div’s for everything that’s one piece then adjust those to make the whole. That makes sense, I’ll work on that and see where I get.

Thanks for the help Paulie.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.