Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Firefox 4 css problems

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    gokussj41990

I am creating a site for a conference , the site is displayed perfectely in other browsers ( firefox 3.6 , chrome(latest ) , internet explorer ) .. but in firefox 4 its not displaying correctly .

I have uploaded it on google app engine ..please help here’s the link

http://www.watsnewondc.appspot.com/main/main.html

you can check that its working in other browsers

DogsGhost

My first suggestion would be to get rid of the table you’re using to layout the main content and the sidebar and replace them with floated divs, especially since you’ve got divs for other areas of content on the page. Also check page validation.

gokussj41990

why its working in other browsers but not firefox 4

guiniveretoo

it’s not working for me in chrome 10 or firefox 3.6 on linux. Try making the page a fixed width (at 960px max) and it might start working a little better. seems to screw up if I make the browser window skinnier.

shawnqiang

Hi gokussj41990, just viewed your code. I will give you the same suggestion as DogsGhost, you should make your markup simple. It is the best way to avoid the headache.

gokussj41990

thanks a lot …after convering to floating divs , its working now :) ……

nlavasser

if you floated anything, make sure you the clear:___ property on the element you want the float to stop before.
    it is simple to use the inline style. i.e.

nlavasser

style=”clear:both”

it didn’t post what i wrote.

firefox 4 requires that you clear all floats for proper display on all computers

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.