Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other File Upload Options

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

My wife currently does wedding album design for a handful of photographers who mail her DVD’s with the source images. I am working on getting a site together for here so she can start marketing to consumers as well.

My question is what is the best way or option for clients to be able to upload their images? I would like it to be more streamlined and efficient for the customer to get the images to her without having to spend postage and also cut down on the time.

My only concern with this is my wife is usually working at times with several hundred photos which in the end she may only use 100 for the final product

I know there are ways to do this with PHP and AJAX, but is there any service out there that may be more efficient and/or secure for the customer where they could log in and upload their content?

Any suggestions would be great!

Thanks for everyone’s help in advance!

– Brad

TheDoc

Remember that if the files are larger sizes (which I assume they would be for professional photography), you can run up that bandwidth very quickly.

You could maybe look into implementing some sort of third-party service. I’ve heard some good things about dropbox.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.