Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other FF 4.0.1 problems

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    gmox
    Participant

From what I gather, FF 4 should support box drop shadows and gradients. However, my browser drops those declarations and I’m not sure why. Sometimes the box shadow will be dropped, but still visible. But, border gradients are always dropped. Any reason for this? This is in just general use and not something I’m creating but is making life hard as I try to learn CSS3.

thanks!

edit: It just occurred to me that maybe it has to do with my display color settings? I noticed that I do not have a default monitor color profile. Any suggestions?

edit again: well maybe that’s not the issue. While viewing this jsfiddle page about border gradients, I cannot see the result portion of the page presumably b/c there is “an error in parsing value for ‘moz-border-image’. Declaration is dropped.” I get these types of errors all the time.

noahgelman
    Participant

Your syntax is wrong, so nothing is being displayed. It has nothing to do with your monitor

http://jsfiddle.net/nimbu/fbw2q/

gmox
    Participant

Well, I found that jsfiddle page in screencast #95 and it seemed to work in the video. None the less, FF drops many css3 declarations on many sites I visit.

noahgelman
    Participant

Ahhh, I see, you’re doing a fading border. I overlooked that.

But either way. FF supports box shadow and gradient backgrounds. If they don’t appear, you’re doing something wrong. Either wrong syntax, or you forgot to upload the css, or you’re looking at the wrong page, or the css selector doesn’t properly select the element you’re trying to apply it to.

If you’re unsure, open up firebug and examine the element to see what properties it has attached to it.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.