Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Feedback On My New Site Launch

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Voltron

Thought I’d post here as it’s always been a good community for feedback, and Chris’ tips have been a great source of inspiration.

Site is launched, bound to be bugs (i.e. its completely unviewable on Internet Explorer right now!) but I’m happy with how it looks.

http://www.FridayNightDeathSlot.com

I built it all from scratch bar the login system (which is only for staff anyway) and a few inserts like a bit of javascript and the Intense Debate commenting system.

In the background, it relies on XML feeds from TVRage, staff members then reserve shows from a schedule, write them, then a rota’d editor goes through them, adds images and publishes for the next issue (each morning). The first editor found it no problem to administrate and the launch went pretty smoothly.

I think it’s gone pretty well considering I’m the sole person writing code and designing, and it’s just done in free time after work. Makes me think I could probably get away with doing basic sites and charge money if I wanted to now (but probably wouldn’t because of the headaches that come with the work!)

Let me know what you think :)

Jay

Voltron

Sorry, I’m an idiot who meant to post this in ‘Other Discussions’. If someone could move it, that would be most appreciated.

OniLinkCR

I think it’s good but there is an underlying problem of trying to go back. I had to search for a while and look where can I go BACK to the home page.

Voltron

Hi Steven, I was umming and arring about whether to let the logo come back down or not. I had ideas of putting a hidden piece of text or image behind it, but I think your comment has convinced me that it looks ‘wrong’, so I’ve fixed this.

OniLinkCR – do you think this change helps with not instinctively knowing how to get back to the splash screen? Do you think it’s important to be able to go back to the splash once you’re in the site, as to me it’s like a magazine and the splash is to entice you in and show you the featured stories quickly.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.