Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other Favicon Issue & Box Shadow

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    mwdewitt

I have an issue. My favicon is not showing up. Here is the code that calls the favicon in WordPress…

So, the favicon.ico should be saved in the root directory, correct? Well, it is and it is not showing up. I like favicons because it is a quick identifier of what page you are on, so if someone could help me get this working, I would greatly appreciate it.

I will mention that I am hosting this website under this website if that makes any difference. Thank you in advance!

Edit: I created a directory off of the root “mintertweed” called “image” and placed the favicon.ico in the “image” directory. I then changed the code to this…

And it seems to read it just fine. I am thankful to have a programmer for a father.

Edit: Well, now the favicon is only showing up on my “Home” page. I suspect what is ever causing the cropping of the “header-bg.png” on the other pages is also messing with my favicon, because it is also called in the “header.php” file. Sigh. Any help would be appreciated.

The other issue is my box shadow around the picture you see in the sidebar. It is only doing a box shadow around the bounding box of the picture, where as I need the shadow to respond appropriately to the image outline. Is there any way to do that? If there is not, I will just get rid of the box shadow. Thank you, everyone!

mwdewitt

@kgscott284: Is there a way, with CSS, to fill in the box shadow? Because if I could just do that, then there would be no problem.

Edit: And about the “favicon.ico,” would that involve putting it in the theme’s folder? Is that what you meant?

Edit: I manually fixed the box shadow by adding a 65% transparent black around the frame. It seems to flow nicely into the box shadow done with CSS. Tada!

mwdewitt

It works. Awesome! Now all my pages are displaying the favicon correctly. Thank you!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.