Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums JavaScript Everything is an Object?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    photocurio
    Participant

A while back Chris posted a question asking readers what was their javascript Ah-ha! moment. The thread is now closed.

The first comment on the post was from a reader who said his moment was when he realized that “everything was an object”. A long series of readers posted agreement with this, which is, to me, more of a zen koan than a revelation.

Would someone be willing to explain how in javascript “everything is an object”?

photocurio
    Participant

Well I can’t say that was a very helpful article for someone starting to get familiar with jquery and wanting to crack the nut that is javascript. Because if I could have understood Todd Motto, I wouldn’t have needed to ask the question.

At this point (a year later), I’ve been studying javascript, building stuff, and it is all a lot clearer, although I’m no expert. If else wants to know why “everything is an object”, I’d recommend Cody Lindley’s book Javascript Enlightenment. This is a short book, but well written for beginning to intermediate programmers.

http://www.amazon.com/JavaScript-Enlightenment-Cody-Lindley/dp/1449342884/

Alex Zaworski
    Participant

Man can I just say I am actually blown away that you took the time to post that a year later. Props.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘JavaScript’ is closed to new topics and replies.