Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Easter Eggs

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    SamWelker

I made a little html and css mockup with a png that was an easter egg for a site I’m doing for a friend. This simply changed the background of a div tag on hover.

I made a tutorial and example video on http://www.project-geek.com/ here.

Besides thinkgeek.com’s background scroll effect what other cool css easter eggs have you seen around the web?

I have seen a fair amount of parallax effects personally.

TheDoc

Very interesting – I don’t think I’ve ever included Easter Eggs on any client sites, but occasionally find some fun comments in the HTML.

SamWelker

Yah I don’t find a whole lot of comments but I don’t look yet. I’ll have to keep an eye out. I found the best site ‘coming soon’ page ever though. It’s not exactly an easter egg, but it’s just as cool!

http://unwrappedmarketing.com/

SamWelker

I think it’s cool. It’s clever. What is wrong with it?

TheDoc

Other than the sound scaring the bejesus out of me (seriously, the next website I visit that fires up music when I visit it I will punch in the face), I thought it was rather cool!

I remember the days of those little animated GIFs!

SamWelker

Yah the music is too loud.. haha I’ll tell the creator of it now.

cpj238

On our companies Job Task System, I added the konomi code script to fire a $500 bill with my boss on it from the bottom right of the browser that slides to the left and out of the screens view :)

My boss stumbled upon it on accident in IE7 (it showed by default, oh noes!) – He said he was mad at first but then found it hilarious and made sure to show all his friends and family.

Did I get a bonus? Nope. But I am 500 fake dollars richer!

~ Chris

SamWelker

I could use 500 dollars, fake or not.

Sounds like fun though.

soap
    Participant

easter eggs? why?

SamWelker

For fun. Little happy surprises. Make sense? they’re not appropriate everywhere, but in some places they are. Like facebook. They had this thing where if you did some key commands then clicked you could turn your mouse into a bubble emitter. It was awesome.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.