Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other Dynamic Announcements

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Ryooshi

Hello All,

I’m hoping the CT community can provide some advice on my current web dev issue.

Task: I need to have a bar on a landing page that will show the latest four announcements, based on a table from another page. The announcements are comprised of a title, date, and description field.

Approach: I was considering using Adobe’s spry data sets, but I’m not sure if there’s an easier way to do this. (It’s not helping that I’m fairly inept with this technology.)

Details: The reason I would like to use a basic table as my data source, is because the people updating the announcements have requested a very simple and easy to edit format, so anyone in the department of any skill level can update the feed.

Thank you all in advance for your consideration and ideas.

Cheers,
    Ryo’

jamygolden

Perhaps you could make use of Ajax?

YellowFox

How about a simple admin side where they can login and CRUD whatever they need..?

Should take about 3-4hours to code up, with the use of a database.

Ryooshi

Thank you jamy_za and YellowFox for your suggestions.

Unfortunately, I have not yet had success with this project, in part because I’m largely doing it for free in between another job and graduate school, so devoting large segments of time to it is difficult.

Also, broad thanks to the rest of the CT community. Ideas and suggestions are still welcome.

-Ryo’

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.