Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Drop-down div doesn’t display in IE8 or IE7

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Can anyone please help? I’ve just added a CSS drop-down menu system to my site at http://7dma.com/091810/index.html . It works perfectly in all Mozilla browsers but hides under a sliding slideshow in IE 7/8. My style sheet is here: http://7dma.com/091810/7styles.css

Secondly, when I mouseover the drop-down’s all browser show the horizontal browser scroll-bar, so I’m wondering if this is an overflow problem? Any ideas?

I appreciate your help,
    Thanks.

cybershot
    Participant

You have overflow: auto on your div with the id of scorller. I changed it to hidden and that got rid of the horizontal scroll bar. But the page wrap also seems to be the wrong width. For example, you have a background called bg_banner_header_grad2.png that has a width of 1015 but your page wrap is only like 980 something.

Perfect on both counts. It looks great in all browsers so I’m grateful, as ever! Thanks virtual & cybershot.

Cybershot, the page wrap is the correct width but adding a bg image to the top banner caused the top banner to be 20px shorter on the right than the body (pageMargin div). The banner width finally became equal (982px) by lengthening the banner image, removing it as a bg image, adding it as an image inside the div then sliding everything else over it! Terrible coding, I know but what would you suggest?

Thanks

Oops! I spoke too soon. The drop-down mouse-over still causes the horizontal browser scroll-bar. Changing the scroller div’s overflow to hidden now removes the vertical scroll-bar, which I need.
    Any ideas?

Thank you.

cybershot
    Participant

overflow-x: hidden;

Thank you so much!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.