Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Back End Display folder contents!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Hobosuit

I’m pretty new to web development and html and i was wondering if it is possible to somehow display the contents of a folder in a website just like an ftp server does except with out one.it needs to work in IE8 , basically i’ve been working on a site for a customer that needs to view lots of .pdf documents,currently i just link them in html ,one by one,how ever the customer would like to be able to drag and drop files into the folder and it automatically create links to the pdf files (like ftp). i just figured out how to make collapsable tabs lol if that tells you where I’m at, so far I’m learning by looking at examples in dreamweaver and using the inspect element tool in safari, any help/advice would be totally awesome, thanks.

Hobosuit

Thanks steven ,unfortunately I can’t get it to work , do you think you can walk me through it or something?if you have tested this out yourself, can you send me your modified code and any resources under it? i think I’m suppose to change something but i don’t where, i’ll keep messing with it.

TheDoc

You’ll need to make sure you’re page ends with .php since there is PHP code being used.

Hobosuit

did you have to alter any code at all, like a directory? i did save as a php,it says an unknown error occurred while discovering dynamically related files?

Hobosuit

well i finally got it to work but now when i click on a document it says “Forbidden

You don’t have permission to access /10 11 12 Records Warehouse Submittal 2.pdf on this server.

Apache/2.2.20 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.20 OpenSSL/0.9.8r DAV/2 PHP/5.3.6 with Suhosin-Patch Server at localhost Port 80″ any ideas I’m running osx lion and do have the server as well

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Back End’ is closed to new topics and replies.