Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Display a specific # of posts based on @media queries?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    kipperc

I’m working on a site portfolio site where each portfolio piece is an individual post and the main portfolio page displays only the thumbnails of the most recent 30 posts creating grid of images 3 wide and 10 high.

I’m using @media queries to make the site responsive so as the browser window gets narrower, the images resize and shuffle around and eventually (at iPhone size) end up in a single column of images.

Here’s my question…
    Im thinking that I don’t want to display 30 images in a single column on my iPhone. For the mobile experience, I’d much rather display 10 or less to avoid the crazy amount of scrolling. Is there any good way to adjust the number of posts my loop query is spitting out based on the width of the browser window?

dfogge
    Participant

one thing to keep in mind reguarding cnwtx’s method: it will work but mobile users will still download all the hidden elements.

here’s a very simple conditional loading technique from Jeremy Keith: http://24ways.org/2011/conditional-loading-for-responsive-designs

kipperc

thanks for the ideas. I don’t think we’re quite on the same page. Here’s a link to the the page on my site. So you can see you the page responds to window resizing.

cjkipper.com/portfolio

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.