Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Back End Digging Into WordPress

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Reptar

When I searched this in the search bar the blog articles that came up couldn’t be commented on. I have some questions about Digging Into WordPress. I don’t have very much money and before I by the pdf of this I’d like to make sure this what I’m looking for so any knowledge about this book would be much appreciated. I want to make websites for myself to put ads on and make money off of. I know this won’t be easy and will take a lot of work and a long time but I also think that trying to learn all of this coding from scratch without good templates and such would not be a good idea. I’d also possibly, once I become good enough, make websites for other people.

From what I understand wordpress is an advanced blogging site where you can, for free, create blogs. But in order to get the CSS coding of the theme you must pay $15 or more a year. Now if I want to pay the money to get the coding and edit the code to my liking would I be able to use it on my own website? In order to continue using it would I hav to pay the $15 a year every year? Are there some sort of copy right laws that go along with using wordpress templates and making them your own? Should I just start from scratch, buy some CSS books and learn how to make it all myself? I’m just not sure where to start and if wordpress is the right way to go.

hoss9009

I think Digwp.com is the greatest WP book, EVER.

But yes, you’ll need to know CSS, XHTML (basically HTML), some PHP, and WordPress codex.

Not super easy to be a wordpress developer… takes time… good luck, it’s worth it.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Back End’ is closed to new topics and replies.