Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Diff. Contents Alignment

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hello, i’m using bootstrap and I want my contents to be proper align, I use <table> but when i reload it, it sometimes seems like it re-align, i think there is something bootstrap css that overwrite my custom css.

check out this image: (mine)
    http://i62.tinypic.com/zl2akm.jpg

check out this image: (results when i reload it so many times)
    http://i60.tinypic.com/v3nk9s.jpg

[MOD EDIT – Codedump Removed]

Shikkediel
    Participant

If it happens sometimes then I don’t see how it can be caused by the code. I would sooner think it’s the internet connection (or the server).

Anonymous
    Inactive

but it happens all the time :(
    i think it’s the table css of bootstrap :|
    but i can’t figure it out.

Shikkediel
    Participant

Okay, that’s not what’s it says in the first post… but without seeing the page live, it hard to say much more than to make sure your custom CSS is loaded after Bootstrap’s (placing it below that in the HTML doc).
    It could indeed also be the table layout is interfering somehow but that can’t be analysed through an image…

Paulie_D

Using tables for layout (even Bootstrap tables) is a very bad idea as this demonstrates.

There is nothing in the section that resembles tabular data…I’d restructure using proper layout elements.

Shikkediel
    Participant

I see it aligning but it always ends up in the correct place. Must be related to the @media rules – it seems to ‘align’ from the top on a smaller screen size. Couldn’t say what would solve it though.

Edit – other than Paulie’s suggestion (simultaneous post).

Paulie_D

It’s worth pointing out that the ‘heading’ is not in the same table as the content below…which is also an issue.

Paulie_D

So what’s the possible solution for this? Thanks a lot.

If you must use a table for layout then use one table.

Other than that, your question is really to broad. They are many, many, many ways of laying out web pages.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.