Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Designing for mobile?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    Attila Hajzer
    Participant

How do i design for mobile? i seems like every time I look at my website on my ipod, and go through the pages, the width changes. and its really weird!

http://attilahajzer.host-ed.net/

id love a screen cast about MOBILE designing.

chrisburton
    Participant

media queries.

Also, you should get rid of the horizontal overflow, the scrollbar is hideous.

chrisburton
    Participant
    chrisburton
    Participant

Great. I would also put the ad under your social icons.

chrisburton
    Participant

Seems all out of whack. Your grid system doesn’t look right. Nothing aligns left evenly, nothing aligns right evenly. The spaces between the images on your portfolio page don’t match or maybe there’s too much space.

Just looking at your page tells me you can use 2 page wraps. One for the header and main, the other for the footer.

chrisburton
    Participant

I’m not referring to 960.gs or anything. Anyway, in your header, the arrow thing should align to the line under it, not stick outside. That tells me something isn’t right.

The menu in your footer also displays outside the wrap.

chrisburton
    Participant

Tell you what, if you throw your whole site on jsfiddle, I’ll make it look better.

Mottie

You could try this site for a quick and dirty look of what your site looks like at different browser sizes. Then adjust your media queries as ChristopherBurton suggested.

For fun, check out “https://css-tricks.com” to see how media queries can adjust the sizes of the content.

chrisburton
    Participant

I had reasons other than to align the site.

chrisburton
    Participant

Haha, all you had to do was view source, copy and paste. I’ll take a look at this tomorrow.

ketu

Hi,

Create your HTML site with 100% and use below 2 meta’s in your page head tag, so width will be adjusted with your device(iPhone, android, black berry or iPad).

Let it try :)

chrisburton
    Participant

I apologize, I simply forgot. I would implement what wolfcry has suggested. I’m not sure it would be beneficial to you if I made design changes with my own style. There’s nothing you would learn from that.

chrisburton
    Participant

change

to

chrisburton
    Participant

What does your php in your header look like?

chrisburton
    Participant

Yeah, so the meta charset is not effected by the php. Once you change it to what I specified, all should be good.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.