Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Design debbug my css with firefox, please help!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    victor1
    Participant

Hello guys!
    I’ve just tried to register to some/any firefox forum,for 1 hour, but seems an overwhelming task, so I gave up!

Anyway, I’ve tried to debug my css code, using firefox/Tools/Web Developer/Web Console, then the ‘CSS’ tab.
    I have some errors regarding ‘background’ like this:
    “Error in parsing value for ‘background’. Declaration dropped. 192.168.100.125:8080:1:2513” .
    I guess that the last number, “2513” is an adress or a bytes count till that error.

In my code I have lots of ‘background’ styling, so I need to reach exactly to that adress/bytes count indicated by statement,in order to fix the wrong code. How can I do that?

I’m quite new to web developement, so if it is there an easier way to debbug css/html let me know, please!
    Thank you very much, have a grate day!

Beverleyh
    Participant

Are you trying to resolve an image from to absolute path?

Try using a relative path background:url(../../path/to/img.png) 0 0 no-repeat; (or whatever depth)

Or try formatting the absolute path like this background:url(/path/to/img.png) 0 0 no-repeat; (this is resolved from the root, thanks to that / at the front – you don’t need to specify domain)

To offer any further help, we’d need to see the full declaration for that line of CSS.

JeroenR
    Participant

My guess is that 2513 is either a line number or a character number in line 1 (when the CSS is compiled to just 1 line perhaps). Can’t you just click at the end part of the message? That should lead you to the place where the error is.

victor1
    Participant

Thanks Beverlyh, but I don’t use any image file in my code. But I use lots of gradient colored backgrounds, but still I’m note sure the problem is within them.

Thanks JeroenR, I’ve clicked to the end of message but a big window opens and can’t trace exactly the error.

Still my statements are of maximum 200 characters, and for sure I don’t have 2500 lines
    of code.

Other alternatives for firefox?

Paulie_D

It’s really hard to help without seeing the code but I’m guessing this is on a local machine judging from the IP but an IP address shouldn’t be in your CSS.

bclovis
    Participant

Def an IP address:port definition. How was this image pathed to?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.