Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS CSS3 Drop Shadows Load, Then Go Away

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    fergweb

I’ve seen CSS3 shadows load, then disappear once the page load completes. It only seems to be an issue in Chrome; things work as expected in Safari and FF.

I’ve attached a link to show what I’m talking about. I re-load the page two times and you’ll see it render but then…
    http://www.screencast.com/users/theaffordablewebguy/folders/Jing/media/4fda97d8-9349-4b00-9b76-9632f78c85a3

I’ve never noted any other anomalies less this one. I’m wondering if there’s a localized setting I might have configured in error. Dumb things happen…

Thanks in advance

Chris Coyier
    Keymaster

Very weird. Not sure what’s going on there. I passed this along to the mobile boilerplate folks.

Chris Coyier
    Keymaster

Can you share what exact platform/version?

fergweb

Well as it turns out it WAS localized. My face it red–should have know better. But for the record, I’m using Windows 7

The fix required me to completely uninstall Chrome (along with all my configurations, saved passwords and extensions; bookmarks saved via export) altogether. Patching and/or trying to install OVER the existing installation didn’t work. I’m not sure if it was some sort of cache or something else.

My only defense–this was very precise oddity considering that any/all other CSS3 and HTML5 trickery was working spot on.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.