Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Design CSS Tricks layout at 768 width

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    jurotek
    Participant

I’ve never had a chance to view CSS Tricks on any other device besides desktop. I don’t own cell phone or tablet device.

This morning I used RWD Bookmarklet to look at home page at 1024, 768, 480 and 320 width. Liked very much the responsiveness with exception of content layout at 768 width where few things don’t look right to me.

The blog posts seem to me too narrow. In the right column after LEVEL BASED LEARNING there is a long gap which extends all the way down to the the bottom of last blog post on the left.

After the last blog post the vertical sequence of first sponsor, Lodge and another sponsor is no longer preserved as it is at 1024 width. We got Sponsor left, Lodge right and another Sponsor below Lodge. The first sponsor on the left has also another gap below it, followed by POLL with Subscribe to it’s right.

IMO, something likeThis would improve visual experience at 768 view port width.

georgearnall
    Participant

This should really be in Design Den ?

But interesting point :)

jurotek
    Participant

Here is another variation of above, but instead using floats I tried it with display inline-block.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.